Monday, December 17, 2018

Two countries collides in Art


It took me a while to search for the venue although I used the waze. The Grayhaus Soho was actually right smack in the city of Ipoh yet I could not locate it at first.

Malaysian Artist in action


Well, the search was worth it because my sister and I get to be at a historical event for Perak. For the first time,  the Malaysian watercolour society(MWS)   and Grayhaus Living Arts Gallery collaborated to promote Perak. Yes, Perak tourism is also involved in this auspicious event. It involves 30 artists from both countries and the scroll will be 30foot in length . According to Chua,  the MWS president, the paintings would be exhibited at the gallery on Jalan Sultan Idris. It is part of a promotion for tourism. 
One of the many paintings


Among the artists involved were Malaysia's award winning artists Calvin Chua and international award recipients from China, Hu Xiao Xing and Prof Tu Wei Neng.


  The paintings  are not all contemporary art. There are fine art,  straight forward ones which are amazingly beautiful.One don't need to think and figure out the paintings or artist. Still to all artists, painting is spiritual to them and they bond with people through their work of art. As for me, painting is a kind of meditation. Art lovers should go have a look at the Gallery. 


My sister looking at the painting 


Above are some of the paintings. 

Being an art lover I was transported to a different world when I get engrossed with the paintings. 
Malaysian Artist Khor Seow Hooi with his art. 

I am still attracted to this painting. 

The 30 artists from both counterparts took two hours to finish their paintings of Ipoh town. 

Ends







No comments: