Saturday, December 22, 2018

A Christmas Story

Christmas will always remind me of Scrooge, a character in the Charles Dicken book. Scrooge was a miser and his favourite word was Scumbag! I read the literature book when I was in Primary school and it still stays inside my subconscious mind.  To me the message from the Scrooge story was that we have
to share with the less fortunate especially  during Xmas . After all Xmas is a time of giving .
Penny with one of the orphanage. 
I have never done a charity work during the festive season like Xmas. It is a good gesture I think because we get to see life from a different view.
The group from GrooveFitness

So today we had a chance of sharing the love with the Satu Malaysia Rumah Anak Yatim. There were roughly 30 children, boys and girls together and of all ages. The youngest is one year old and he was left outside the orphanage by an unknown. Sad to think that a child is unwanted.

The idea of giving Xmas presents to the orphans was by Agnes Lee and she collaborated with the owner of groove fitness, Adeline Low. So nearly everyone she knows gave presents to her. Someone donated the Mcdonald for their party. Adeline then decided to teach the children to make dumplings for the Winter Solstice since the date coincides.

Besides doing the dumplings, the children were given presents as mentioned above,  they played musical chair and of course  zumba dancing.

This beautiful event was the brainchild of Agnes Lee together with Adeline. Most of them from GrooveFitness donated presents, food and others joined to make the occasion more lively. 

While making the dumplings 

Yours truly dancing with the group. 

My wonderful zumba teacher, Adeline Low, with the girls and me. 

I think this is so cute

The children trying to make the dumplings for winter Solstice 

Adeline surrounded by the children while she teached them how to roll the dumplings.

I am truly proud of the charitable activities by my friends from GrooveFitness. I don't see many fitness nor dance group taking the initiative and effort to make the world a better place by sharing the love with the underprivileged. Perhaps there are but it was never brought to my attention.

 On my part, I helped by making myself useful like introducing the event through my blog. I came home happy and delighted to share today's story with all of you. 







No comments: