Thursday, January 3, 2019

KUALA MU

It was in 2017 that Pos Kuala  Mu, an orang asli settlement near Sungei Siput, Perak became known to the Civilize world. That was when the government finally built a road that leads to the village which is roughly 3000 ft above sea level. The pristine forest and stream became an enchanting hub for nature lovers.

I had Kopi-O at their Surau.

The chalets and stream at Kuala Mu. 

Saidin , 38 said  that  the idea of building chalets to the public was incepted when he was asked to build a school community Hall. At that time the road from Sungei Siput to the hill top was just being built. "It was in 2017 and I wanted to do something for myself and my community." said Saidin.
The little resort
My aunt and I at the stream. 
"We do not have financial help from the government so I collected RM50 from each of the youth and bought the stuff to build the bamboo huts. "Bamboos are plenty in the forest and we started first by building three huts with our own hands. " It was a success and now they have 20 bamboo huts by the pristine stream. The huts are well maintained and the bathroom is cleaner than those in the shopping mall.
The pristine stream on top of the mountain.


I asked Saidin what's the  story behind Pos Kuala Mu. He said that every Pos or settlement are made up of four villages.  Pos Kuala Mu is consisted of four villages with a population of 1k which is something new to me. He did mentioned the name of the four villages but I can't figure out the spelling from the tape. Yes, like the reporter that I used to be I taped him and I am sure it makes him feels important. I asked him if the authority has been to his little resort and he said yes the new MB came and told the indigenous to be independent and not be dependent on the government.I think that is not very clever or nice for a new MB to say such. Dude, the guy had to collect money from his community to build the small, beautiful and cheap resort and here you are asking them to be independent?

Anyway, the place is new and there are no clinic or eatery nearby. They cannot afford to have an eatery yet for fear of food poisoning  so guests should bring their own medical kit incase of emergency and plenty of food and mineral water.

The road to Kuala Mu is steep and winding. The tar road would have been perfect but loggers spoiled the road so beware of potholes and lorries on your way there.


Saidin is far sighted and frank.  He told us that he cannot accept tourist from overseas yet because of the lack of facilities mentioned earlier. In my opinion the place would be better if the authority would help them financially so that they can have a small canteen for coffee and snacks.

I have seen a few places of nature and in my humble opinion Kuala Mu is a beautiful place for one to escape from the hustle and bustle of the city life. The cool temperature plus icy cold stream is heaven on earth for those with cheap budget like yours truly.










No comments: