Saturday, August 18, 2018

Ombak melambai


Here is my tale of doing things without a plan,an impromptu getaway from the same old scene.A holiday in an island of our own country.


Sunset watching in Pangkor



As I lay here on the hammock by the sea with the soothing sounds of the wave, I could feel that life is for living and that although there are sad  days and grievance moments,there are also beautiful days and perhaps a bit of happy moments that comes after all that.Life has a way of balancing it for us.


I lost my father last April and like others,I grieved.Nothing seems to excite me nor make me happy.I was not really 'into it'.Tidak ada yang memberi happiness.

Then two days ago, my elder sister invited me and my daughter to go to Pangkor island.'My treat 'she said and I obviously agreed.We took a bus from Ipoh to Lumut and then catch the ferry across.(this info is for those who do not have a car to travel)
We had already booked a chalet for 3 at the Nipah Bay Villa which was rather cheap.It is not a posh hotel but being hippies at heart we are not into lavishness anyway.Lavish lifestyle scares me.I am a carefree person.A grandmother who still wear shorts by the beach so there.


Our chalet is clean and comfy.As I am writing this I am enjoying the breeze on my face.My sister is busy sewing and my daughter is reading.


Today is our third day in Pangkor.Kami menginap di Teluk Nipah.When I first arrived I was surprised to see that Pangkor has changed.Much cleaner  and pretty.Thanks to Dato Sri Zambry,the previous MB.
The new floating mosque in Pangkor

I absolutely love Teluk Nipah because here is what you dubbed as 'a happening place'.Rows of stalls selling souvenirs and cheap food.Tourist from all over are mostly here because it is the kind of life that is entirely different from theirs.

On our 2nd day we went into the quaint town and had lunch there.Then we went island hopping with a guide who was extra friendly.The adrenaline rush as the boat speeds took me by surprise and this young guide showed us all the rock formation that resembles crocodile,turtle and many more.My sis and I being old couldn't figure out the resemblance but my daughter could!Then he showed us the part of the sea where the blue eyed ikan bilis could be found.A treasure for the fishermen.For those who love snorkeling,there is an island that caters for that activity.The sea is clear and fishes are visible from the boat.Amazing view for me who cannot swim let alone snorkeling!



You must go island hopping in Pangkor.Then you will appreciate Mother Nature.Dear all,please do not pollute the sea.

From the adventure at sea we then went to feed hornbills.Apparently it is one of the most sought out activity here.The guy called Nazim has been feeding the hornbills for the past 16 years."Cepat le Nazim" I said."Sabor Kak ,burung ni akan datang bila dah kurang matahari."he said


The waiting game was worth it  because suddenly about ten birds with their huge beak came really near to us.Then the feeding starts.These birds were fed bananas and we are allowed to hold a banana and the bird will fly and snatch the bananas from our fingers.It was so exciting.There is no fee but one can give any amount as donation.Afterall bananas are not cheap.


Of course watching the sunset is part of the ritual of a beach holiday.God's painting and the sky as the canvas.Magnificient!

Today is our 4th day.Menghirup kopi di balcony.We haven't decided what to do for today yet but for now life is a bliss.

Ends



No comments: