Saturday, February 11, 2017

Introducing Gaharu tea.

I have written about the Gaharu tea plantation for NST LET e-mag and also for the Perak Insights magazine.Both contents are not the same but it all come down to the story.A story about the Gaharu tea plantation,Gopeng.

Today I went to Gaharu Tea plantation which is situated at Gopeng as a guest of the CEO Nick Ho.

Nick and me had become good friends ever since I wrote about his family's plantation.Yes I had to impose myself on him for information that are not in the net.He had been very helpful and for that I am grateful.

The event today was in conjuction of the Chinese New Year and there were about 600 guests from all walks of life.

I brought my stepmom and sister along so that they could see the scenic hill with the agarwood trees.200,000 of trees on a 300 acres of land.Amazing sight but like other businesses,nothing comes easy.Same with the Ho family.It took them 20 years to see their investment becoming fruitful.

Now the plantation produces all kinds of products made from the tree.The best product is the tea.I have been drinking the tea since I first knew about Gaharu and I must say that it has helped me with my anxiety and insomnia.

Readers,if you suffer from insomnia,do try this tea.It is soothing and relaxing so it's best  to unwind n sip the tea in the evening.
There are other benefits to our health from this tea but it's for you to try and feel it.

I believed that my stepmom and sister had a fun time at the event.We went up the hills and watched the gaharu trees spreading across the hills and valley.A picturesque sight indeed.
Then we had fun hugging the trees which have drawings of animals on them.They say that hugging the tree will bring us luck!Hugging trees can be therapeutic,that much I am sure.

After the hugging and icture taking session,we relax and had a good conversation with Nick Ho.He gave us a fortune box which contains the tea and coffee products made from the gaharu leaves.A day well spent ,I would say.















No comments: