Sunday, December 13, 2015

Wish they were little girls

Although I enjoy being on my own with my own thoughts, I still miss having my two girls with me.I am proud to say  that when all my friends were making big bucks ,chasing their dreams and making it to the top,I was busy looking after my babies.Changing nappies,feeding them milk at night with eyes half closed,I do wonder how did I do all that?I had no helper plus my mother left this world when I was a teen.

'What does she know about looking after a baby' was the comment being thrown at me.Hey,the one making comments doesn't offer a helping hand yet people judged. Sure I don't know a thing about raising a child let alone looking after a newborn baby.Humans are like animals,motherhood is a God given talent to every woman.Surely you have heard of 'mother's instinct '?

Fast forward to 2015,my eldest girl is 30 years old, I raised her single handedly,she became a Petronas scholar and she is now married and has her own daughter,making me a proud grandmother.My 2nd girl is doing well at uitm doing creative writing.I am proud of both girls and I have never regretted for not chasing the unknown.To me being a mother and raising them yourself is the greatest achievement. I may not have a large bank account since motherhood has no pay but I get the satisfaction that is hard to define.

So now that they have their own life so to speak,I am left at home with my husband.I sometime feel like  my 2nd girl is somewhere around the house though she's at uni.Yes i communicate daily with them but its not the same as having them with me. I wish that I could go back in time when they were the little girls that I used to sing and read to..

No comments: