Saturday, December 12, 2015

So we met the Tigers

As mentioned in my previous post, the King Edward Fifty-Niners were going to have a reunion and yes they did.It was at the old school itself and I was their guest. Initially I did a writing on them but its not out in the papers.Now that I have quit the media,I don't think they will print it. Together with Ruby,my sister in law,I drove to Taiping. I dont really know what to expect actually but because I made a promise that I will attend, attend I must.I hate letting people down and I also hate making people wait for me.

So we drove to Taiping,the waze giving us a wrong direction  (so much for technology ) to the school so we asked a stranger on the street and we reached our destination.

The school is really old,mind you.It should be a heritage  building and the government should  do it up again,conserve it.After all it was one of the first school in Malaysia. Sometime I don't understand why most Malaysians take heritage building or culture  for granted.These are the things that define us..history is what that makes us who we are.

We were greeted with warmth by the King Edward boys,they are well mannered boys thanks to the school I guess.They were taught good manners and it stays with them.It was a reunion for one class and not the whole school, so there were about 40 men plus their old school teachers.

We had good food,good conversation and were entertained with songs from the bee gees..It was a beautiful afternoon and Kudos to Zakaria who managed to gather nearly all of them at their old school.
Ruby and me left after lunch while the guys stayed on till evening.

We took a drive around the lake gardens in Taiping and then we stopped at the sentosa villa for a drink and for our prayers.Sentosa Villa has a nice quiet and calm atmosphere. They have chalets that looks like Kampung houses and a waterfall nearby.

From Taiping we drove to Kuala Kangsar because we wanted to pray at the Ubudiah mosque.It had been my dream to pray in that mosque and my dream became a reality.Today is one of those days that everything seems to run smoothly and I felt contented.I don't usually get this kind of day,my days are often topsy turvy  and I am always anxious and in a rush.

Before we left Kuala Kangsar, Ruby treated me to the laksa,a Kuala Kangsar speciality.Thank you God for giving me a simple but meaningful day.

No comments: