Saturday, January 21, 2017

Jogjakarta

My daughter recently treated me to a trip to Jogjakarta for my birthday.That's because she knows that I am a lover of arts and culture and Jogja is the place.

So We took the Air Asia flight which was about two and half hours.We booked ourselves at the Adhisthana hotel which happens to be at the area where arts and coffee collided.
The city is old and rustic but it has it's own character.Adhisthana is a 3 star hotel which is cheap and beautifully decorated,not to mention comfortable and plush.
Infact most of the guest houses and hotel in Jogja are artsy and pretty.
What is a visit to Jogja if one does not see the borobudur and so that was the first thing we did.We spent the whole day at the prambanan hindu temple and Borobudur temple.I was in awe at the sight of of these two temple.Awesome?More than that.I marveled at the architecture of these two.How did the ancient people of Indonesia at that era built them.I touched the carvings and it seemed surreal.Amazing!
Oh we walked around the malioboro street where tourist from all over hung out.The trishaw and horse carriages were truly a sight.It's their culture and all over there are authentic street food and people doing gimmicks for a few rupuah.They are full of talents.Buskers with great voice singing lovely songs.I was entertained by their ways and culture.I fell in love with Jogja!

Then there is the coffee culture of Indonesia.They have all kinds of coffee and they even sell the famous and most expensive coffee which is the "kopi luwak".We had a taste of the civet poop coffee at a place called Luwabica cafe.

On our 2nd day we visited the royal museum called the Kraton.There was a traditional dance for the public to see.As mentioned earlier,Jogja is steep in culture.

Jogja was where the batik painting originated.There are many batik painters and they produced great art work.

There is so much to see in Jogja and I did not have enough time to go to their beach and see the volcano Marapi.
I will definitely visit Jogja again and stay in Adhisthana for its warm hospitality and friendly people.











No comments: